It's not your 8th grade language lab anymore!

Already got a domain? I challenge you to reclaim your server.

It started with a chai latte. The other day, I was poking around the list of apps available for automatic installation for Domain of One’s Own participants. I have experience with WordPress, Moodle, phpBB, MediaWiki, and YOURLS, but there are 100+ other applications that I’ve never used or seen, let alone installed and configured. I…

Read more →

Electronic Sign-up Sheets, Forms, and Scheduling

The summer is over, and after finishing an article and working on some language center design work I’m ready to blog again. This post is all about saving you time. Signing people up can be a big hassle. Let’s say you want to schedule oral exams or have students each pick a certain topic from […]

Moving into month #2

Some assorted thoughts as I enter month #2 of my employment here at UMW: I have been here … for a month? I have been here FOR A MONTH. My perspective on this is short and narrow so far, but it seems strange that a liberal arts college would focus so aggressively on attracting more…

Read more → just might make the web relevant again.

RSS this, syndication that — my new colleagues here at DTLT have a torrid love affair with web feeds, and rightfully so. Of the media I consume online, probably 60% of it comes from the 113 sites I follow via my preferred RSS reader, with the other 40% consisting mainly of activity on Twitter, Netflix, and Hulu.…

Read more →

The OpenLIVES Project

OpenLIVES (Learning Insights from the Voices of Emigrés from Spain) is an open, accessible, digitized collection of important life history interviews…
10 of 52